I’ll probably write about this in full length on BP this week, but here are some details I’ll be looking for in the next few days:
- What is the revenue sharing breakdown between the Yankees, Cablevision, and MLB Advanced Media?
- How much will the subscriptions cost? Will there be a discount for MLB.tv subscribers?
- Who brokered the deal? Was it the Yankees, or MLB?
- Will this effect the sub fee the Yankees demand from Cablevision for the YES Network?
- How far along are other deals, both for the Yankees and for other teams?
This is a big deal, and the precedents set here could have big implications for all thirty teams. We’ll discuss when we have a better idea of what it actually entails.
Feedback? Write a comment, or e-mail the author at shawn(AT)squawkingbaseball.com